OCTOBER ON PINTEREST
October is here and Pinterest is booming with all the Fall things! I can’t tell you how many secret boards I pin to in October. It is such a transition month. The summer is over, kids are back in school (well, kind of…thanks 2020), and Hobby Lobby already has their Holiday decor on the shelves. Using Pinterest for business may not be all about pretty fall and holiday decor and recipes, unless that’s your niche, so what should you pin in October? Let’s dive in!
What to Pin (Organic Pinning)
Of course, all things Fall, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Holiday content. Pinterest has always said to pin seasonal content about 45 days before the event, in 2020 searches for this content has been on the rise earlier this year. If you are in the Decor, and Food niche, get your ideas up and out so you can be seen now and not be missed. Remember, it takes time for fresh pins to gain traction.
If you are using Tailwind, make sure to pin to Tribes. I am seeing lots of fall ideas and Pinterest trends are showing these top categories and those that are starting to peak in search, so you can plan your content:
- Beauty – Fall nails, fall hair color, Halloween nails, pedicure colors for fall, fall wedding hair inspiration.
- Fashion – Halloween costumes, flannel, apple picking outfits, family Halloween costumes, and doc martens outfits ( the 90’s grunge era…anyone? just me…)
- Food – apple, pumpkin, and game day food (yay!! football is back…let’s virtually tailgate)
- Home – front porch ideas, Halloween decor, cottage-core aesthetic, centerpieces, plant aesthetic, pumpkins, and the 2021 color of the year “urbane bronze by Sherwin Williams” for my diy reno peeps!
- Teachers – fall bulletin board ideas ( this one is starting to pick up – for those that are in-person learning)
- Travel – national Zion park, beach, mountains, New York, a fall bucket travel list … we may still be limited where we feel safe to travel, but pinners are planning now
- Business – end of year financials, starting a business, starting a blog, branding, marketing
- Photography/Weddings – fall wedding ideas, fall family photos, holiday family photos, winter wedding colors, engagement photo ideas fall
What to Promote(Pinterest Ads)
Pinterest Ads are an easy and affordable way to get your content seen NOW. So for seasonal content, all things Halloween. If you are a product seller and have anything Halloween related, set up a Pinterest Ad campaign, run it now for about 2 weeks. Wanting to grow your email list, run a promoted pin, even food bloggers that want to grow your audience…get your best fall recipe pin and give it a boost.
What to Plan(Create and Schedule)
Pinners are planning their holidays to be something special this year. More intimate gatherings, and less in person shopping, so they are turning to online shops and Pinterest is a place where people go to discover new ideas and are prone to purchase. I know I have been saying get your holiday content out for a few months now, but it is time to step up your game! Get ahead of the competition so your customers will see your items and ideas first. Remember to use click worthy images (lifestyle images do really well, show the user how your item or idea can help them), search for keywords and use a call to action. When they click to shop, give them an incentive to sign up to your email list for special discounts and first looks.
Here are some ideas to create and schedule to pin in October:
- Holiday decor, Christmas decor, new years eve ideas (bring on 2021!)
- Gift guides, gift wrapping and ideas, gift tags, gift boxes, subscription boxes, hostess gifts,
- Family photo ideas, holiday family photos, matching pajama family photos,
- Holiday outfits for staying at home, holiday t-shirts, pajamas, fun holiday socks (fuzzy socks),
- Holiday nails, holiday dresses
- Holiday desserts, drinks, bar-ware, party cups (social distancing of course) holiday meal ideas, holiday cookie decorating
These are just a few of many many things you can start planning now. You know your content better than anyone and you know what your best pins are. Create fresh new images for your best holiday content and start pinning!
I wish all of you a Happy Fall! We are enjoying the cooler weather, and I’ll be honest, our neighborhood has their Halloween decorations up 2 weeks ago. We are going to do that this weekend, such a late bloomer. Many of us are ready for some fun and are looking forward to the holidays, even if we have to wear a mask and social distance.
Stay safe friends!!
Want more Pinterest Tips and Trends in your inbox? Sign up as a VIP and hop on our list…and I will send you these free Fall Pinterest Image Templates in Canva.